Automations can be triggered when an incident participant is added. Furthermore you can also define what specific traits are required in order to trigger the automation.
As an example, I'd like to set off an automation when a person is added as a 'Person Affected' and they lose time as a result of this, but only if there's a high risk of it occuring again. Let's take a look at how to set that up.
To set it up:
- Go to Settings > Automations and click on the [Incidents] tab.
- Click [+Add] and select 'Incident Participant'
3. Under the rule set builder apply the following rules
- "Incident Participant Role" = "Person Affected"AND
- "Incident Classification" = "Medically Treated Injury"AND
- "Incident Potential" = "High Potential Incident"
This means that when a person affected is added meeting those criteria, your automation will fire. From there you can trigger a notification, action or even add an incident participant as a result of those requirements being met.